Sunday 14 November 2010

Man up, Macca:

Well, after my first training session in 5 weeks, realising Ive lost alot of fitness strength and motivation. The question most on my mind right now is, "where do I make a start?" As I have never felt so far from where I belong in my life.........


Then while in the garage sorting out some old bits and bobs this evening, I found this and it all became very clear. Id been in a much worse place, before.............







I modified this shoe 3years ago. So it could take my swollen foot while I was recovering from ankle surgery.. It took many day's spent on the turbo trainer sitting in front of the TV and up to several hundred miles per week in this shoe, before I felt any thing rear remotely human, let alone fit. Once my ankle was down to a normal size and I was walking properly again, I was able to ride outdoors and that's when I could say to myself i had really begin training properly again!
The shoe represents "commitment" and a will to "achieve". So having found it and dusted it down, it will now sit there as a daily reminder, to clean the sand out of my pussy and man up abit, get my head down and go after what I truly want, even if it means taking small steps at first to get there.............