Wednesday 15 September 2010

Northern Exposure...............


Massive thanks to Buff/SueMe for not only getting me into the race this weekend but now also, for lending me some super fly looking wheels to go there in......

















With such great back up and support from Buff and SueMe throughout whats been a year of ups and downs, im really looking forward to the Nokia coast2coast race this Sunday and a chance to fly the flag and bring one home for the team.



This multi stage race across Scotland takes place over a 109 mile course from Nairn to Glencoe and has to be completed within a 13 hour cut off period.
Starting at 7am with a 7mile trail run, followed directly with a tough 48mile road cycle, by the time I hit the kayak I may be glad to give my legs a short break. Once off the water its back on the bike for more roads, plus 16miles of off road cycling. (lets hope my choice of knobbly tyres on the road bike is a good one and i don't find myself doing to much carrying!) After that its onto possibly the hardest part of the course, the 14mile run from Fort William over Ben Nevis and onto Glencoe, where a short kayak should have me over the finish line in around 9hrs and somewhere near the front of the field....